Veganism is a way of life, a life where you do your best not to hurt animals and to avoid the use of animals products.
☮ Scroll down for helpful links (charities, movies, useful directories and more) ☮
(Voor de Nederlandse versie, klik hier.)
For me VEGANISM is about a lot of things, it is much broader that many people think.
It is about peace, compassion and most of all a postive way of life.
A vegan lifestyle means you choose not to harm animals,
to respect nature and to fight for a better world; a healthier planet for both animals and humans.
People choose veganism for many reasons, my reason is my love for animals & because
I do not want to contribute harming them, even when it is an “indirect” harm.
But there are so many reasons to choose a vegan lifestyle. For example for your own health.
Many meat and dairy poducts contain hormones and antibiotics. Many products are over processed,
which means they do nothing for your health, besides harming it.
Another reason to go vegan is for humanity. The majority of all crops grown are fed to livestock,
even in countries where people are starving.
Or go vegan for the ocean. Being vegan means not eating fish and besides the fact that fish feel pain,
many other animals are harmed in the process, such as dolphins and turtles.
Oceans are over fished and if the ocean dies, we die.
Or choose to live plantbased for the earth, a vegan lifestyle is much better for the environment.
Sometimes it is hard to think about all these things, but try to look at it in a positive way.
By choosing a vegan lifestyle you help animals, other humans, care for our planet, including the ocean
and be healthier while doing it.
For me personally going vegan was a slow process, but for others it is a decision made overnight.
The transition to a vegan lifestyle can be difficult, but remind yourself of the reason you are doing it for.
Educate yourself in the process. I did a lot of research before and during going vegan.
At first I did not think that drinking milk was harmful, but now I know better.
Remember not to be too hard on yourself, you will learn along the way.
I started with vegan meals and extended this to other aspects such as clothing,
beauty and cleaning products. You can’t know everything from the start.
When you start a vegan way of life, remember that cravings for food that you were used to, will go away over time (believe me, I know). Your taste will change over time and you will discover that there are so many substitutes that are super tasty. The possibilities of the plantbased kitchen are endless.
Being vegan definately does not mean that you have to miss out on anything,
but it does mean you will contribute to a better life for yourself and other beings.
Below I added some helpful information and links to vegan charities and organisations.
You can also take a look at my blog where you can also find some handy tips,
such as a list of vegan art materials and more.
If you have any questions, feel free to send me a message anytime about anything you would like to know.
I won’t judge you whatever you lifestyle is ♥
☮ A selection of helpful links ☮
Movies (most of them are available on Netflix):
– What the Health (about our health and what health organisations do not want us to see)
– Cowspiracy (about the impact of large scale factory farming on our environment)
– Forks over knives (about our heath when rejecting animal-based and processed foods)
– Blackfish (the story of Tilikum, a killer whale in captivity)
– Dominion (Dominion uses drones, hidden and handheld cameras to expose the dark underbelly of modern animal agriculture)
– The end of Meat (a groundbreaking documentary film envisioning a future where meat consumption belongs to the past.)
– NEW The game changers! (a movie about plant-based eating, protein, and strength
Charities (mostly from the Netherlands & Belgium):
– Bite Back (Animal rights organisation. If you are thinking of going vegan, check out their “I animal” virtual reality campaign)
– I Animal (Virtual reality experience into the lives of farmed animals)
– Stichting Melief (An animal sanctuary , definately go check them out ♥)
– Animal Rights (Showing footage of factory farming and creating awareness)
– EVA (A belgium charity that informs people about plantbased food and provides tasty vegan recipes)
– Sea shepherd (International vegan organisation for ocean wildlife conservation)
– Forrest & Friends (Animal Sanctuary in Belgium runned by two vegan vets)
– Vervet Monkey Foundation (South Africa)
– Plentyfood (Dutch organisation for plantbased aid in developing countries)
– Be Vegan (Belgium organisation that organizes for example, the Try Vegan campaign. An easy way to try a vegan lifestle together with others.)
– Le Reve d’Aby (A sanctuary in Belgium, the name means Aby’s dream. Aby is a cow that dreams of freedom and peace).
Online vegan foodstores (Belgium/the Netherlands):
– Vegan Mission
– Vegavriend ( A webshop for your furry companion)
– Happy Cow (Super handy directory of vegan restaurants)
– Barnivore (Look up which alcoholic beverages are vegan)
– Nederlandse Vereniging voor Veganisme (Helpful site for vegetarians and vegans)
– Vegan Wiki
– Be Vegan (There campaign Try Vegan helps you to go vegan)
– Vegusto (Known for “No Moo”: on of the first vegan cheeses)
– De vegetarische slager (Dutch brand with both vegetarian and vegan products)
– Dutch weed burger (Also available in some Dutch restaurants)
– Wilmersburger (Cheese and other products.)
– Pa’lais (Delicious vegan spread cheese)
– Vegan Butcher (Handmade vegan products, such as cheese and more.)
If you like to add a link to this page? Contact me: email@example.com